Family business since 2010
At SB Café Los Santos Tarrazú, we are a coffee farmer family. Since 2010 we have started knowing the coffee industry.
A women-owned business built on an inclusive business model, we are dedicated to cultivating coffee and direct roasted coffee with the exportation service included.
At SB Café Los Santos, we are a direct trade company that performs all export and logistic procedures. Our guidelines and training came from Procomer " Promotion of foreign trade of Costa Rica" enable us the internationalization of our excellent coffees. We are also a proud participant of the WEAMERICAS Initiative & Accelerator Program delivered by Thunderbird University.
Our commitment and respect to the coffee-growing communities, particularly women, show our values and concerns for the environment.
My being from Costa Rica, growing up here working on coffee plantations, and raising my family here is the strength of our business. Commitment to the coffee-growing communities to get a fair price for the crops and with particular emphasis with the women of the local communities.
- Meet or exceed our customer's expectations of high-quality coffee with traceability.
- Respect our planet, helping to contribute to sustainable agriculture.
- Being an inclusive business model, we strengthen communities by empowering women and encouraging them to develop their capacities and transmit information according to our business experiences.
- Quality: educate coffee growers and collaborators to feel inspired every day, work as a team, and give the best of themselves.
- Variety of coffee: offer a varied portfolio of products that anticipate and satisfy the desires and needs of consumers.
- Allies: establish lasting long-term connections with strategic partners that help strengthen programs for women entrepreneurs.
- Environment: We all need to be responsible for involving people to help build sustainable communities.Productivity: being an active, proactive, and dynamic company.
- Responsibility: acquire the awareness of the decisions made during the management of the company, with our coffee growers, and receive a fair price for their crop — the continuing education of suppliers and consumers.
- Passion: we need to search day by day for what we want to achieve and inspire others by example.
- Collaboration: Include local products within global chains.
- Innovative: Open to changes, new markets, and projections. The constant search for truthful information.
The begginin of SB Café Los Santos Tarrazú
Coffee has been our passion since we opened our first coffee shop in San José, Costa Rica, more than a decade ago. This new endeavor in business has raised memories of her youth working coffee farms with her parents during the harvest seasons. We visited the Tarrazú area and caught us for its picturesque mountains of coffee and natural beauty. Of course, the tasty coffee and the culture around it.
It didn't take much for us to decide this it would be our home. Then in 2013, our family decided to open a second coffee shop
in the Los Santos area.
Family Sevilla & Bitran
Coffee from Costa Rica, Single Origin Tarrazú.
We are a coffee family farmers dedicated to growing with our community sharing the best coffee with the world.
Founder & General Manager
Women Entrepreneur from Central América
Women Entrepreneur from Central America
Sindy Sevilla is the general manager of the company SB Café Los Santos Tarrazú. She is a mother, wife, and daughter of a Costa Rican family — born in San José, Costa Rica.
From an early age, she had her first contact with coffee because she and her family were collectors in the mountains of Tres Ríos and San Pedro. She has shown a determined character from old age, driven by a tireless search to know and learn to play any challenge that comes her way. Her early profession was as an interior designer, and then she carried out other activities as an independent entrepreneur. Mrs. Sevilla is currently a taster, barista, studies marketing and web development. She acquired knowledge in administration, and she keeps learning how to take the company to the next level.
In her own words, "I do not limit myself. I can do the right thing for my business but the most important thing, for my family and community."